Beginning with just one oil change service center in Jacksonville, FL, in 1994, South Lubes, Inc. has quickly become one of the largest Jiffy Lube franchises.
First operating as Texaco Xpress Lube centers, South Lubes expanded into other markets, with 19 stores in Jacksonville, Lake City, Gainesville, Palm Coast, Orlando and Melbourne, FL. In June of 1997, the owners were given the opportunity to purchase 62 Jiffy Lube centers from three companies: KAAR, Spin & Automotive, and Amerilube.
Following the acquisition they became a franchised affiliate of Jiffy Lube International, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pennzoil/Shell Oil. There are now a total of 61 retail service centers, spanning from Charlotte, NC to Jacksonville, FL and continuing to grow.Company Facts
- South Lubes' corporate office is based in Orange Park, FL.
- South Lubes employs over 450 employees.
- Jiffy Lube International is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pennzoil Company/Shell Oil Company.
- South Lubes has a dedicated customer service department that continuously evaluates each aspect of the business and the impact it has on Jiffy Lube customers.
- South Lubes has a national toll-free number dedicated to customer service: (800) 598-9850.
- South Lubes' objective is to always treat every customer and employee with dignity and respect.
- South Lubes offers each customer a pledge of satisfaction with every visit.
- South Lubes training process includes mandatory completion of a lubetech certification program provided by Jiffy Lube International.
- South Lubes supports many organizations, businesses and sports teams in each of their markets with its primary focus on youth charities.
- South Lubes raises funds for many organizations and non-profit organizations including the American Heart Association, Donate Life America, Boy Scouts, and Youth Quake Live. South Lubes also supports local schools and charities through donations and raffle prizes.
- South Lubes disposes of all waste oil according to the Environmental Control regulations.
- Upon acquisition of new stores, South Lubes has each site inspected by an Environmental Control inspector to ensure that the center complies with all environmental codes.
- Each store manager is trained on environmental issues and procedures to prevent spills and leaks.
At Jiffy Lube, we're dedicated to preserving the health and value of your vehicle. We always encourage our customers to follow their manufacturer’s recommendations when it comes to servicing their vehicles. Most vehicle manufacturers recommend changing the oil every 3,000 miles when you operate your vehicle under certain driving conditions. These conditions include stop and go driving, hot or cold weather driving, short trip driving, driving in mountainous terrain, towing trailers, or hauling heavy loads.
At Jiffy Lube we do more than change oil. As with any product or service, someone can always do it for a lower price but the issue is value overall, which we deliver by using only premium brand motor oil, checking and filling vital fluids, checking tire pressure, vacuuming the interior of the vehicle, cleaning the exterior windows, offering free top-offs between service visits for up to 3,000 miles and having a satisfaction guaranteed policy. Our preventive services have been engineered to protect and enhance our customers' vehicles. Jiffy Lube trained and certified technicians treat every car as if it were their own. So every time you visit Jiffy Lube, you can rest assured because you’re dealing with The Well-Oiled Machine®.